Normally you find articles will only list all the
positive Denver travel tips, and all the reasons you SHOULD
visit this city. And really there are many, it's a great
city. But I've decided to do the opposite here. Most people
have heard all the grand accolades for this city, so here
is a list of reasons why you actually may not want to visit
or move to Denver, Colorado.
1. Air quality can be bad, and is an issue for everyone.
So this is a concern if you have asthma or other
2. Altitude affects everyone. Cooking takes longer than
usual. If you do a lot of baking, this could be an
3. It is very very dry. This can cause some skin
4. The sun can be extreme.
5. Food must be trucked in from other areas. Produce
quality is not the greatest.
6. Want to jaunt to another large city nearby? The
nearest is about 450 miles away, Albuquerque.
7. It can snow from September to June, which is a pretty
long time. Make sure you like snow.
8. Not a terribly cosmopolitan city.
9. No beaches or large bodies of water. If you love
water recreation, Denver is not the place for you.
10. Traffic is quite bad.
11. Not a lot of trees. This could be disconcerting if
you are coming from a locale where you are accustomed to
big, bushy, green trees.
12. Bad roads. Potholes and cracks abound.
13. Population density. This is a pretty congested
14. There is a lack of good public transportation.
15. The job market can be competitive. You may need to
have some savings to fall back on while you job hunt.
Despite the negative Denver travel tips here, many
people love this city, so obviously it has a plethora of
redeeming qualities. So if you are considering a visit or a
move to Denver, Colorado, be sure to consider the negatives
in addition to the many positives you will find in most
Read on for info on
more cheap vacation ideas.