Planning a vacation to Florida and wondering how to
travel cheap at all the theme parks? Here are some
cheap vacation ideas.
1. For the theme parks, buying a 1-day ticket is always
the worst deal. Try a multi-day pass to save money, but be
sure to read the rules and know how quickly you must use
2. Buy one bottle of water when you arrive, and refill
at water fountains throughout the day. This will save you a
bundle as bottles of water or soda can run $3.00 or more
3. Plan your trip during the off season and you will
save money on such things as airfare and hotel rates. No
discount on tickets for the off season unfortunately!
4. Don't eat dinner at the theme parks but instead try
one of the all-you-can-eat buffets located on nearby
International Drive or in Kissimmee.
5. Check the lobby of hotels and restaurants (like
Perkins or Denny's) for magazines with discount coupons.
These publications can really save you a ton.
6. Here's a tip on how to travel cheap with young kids
at the theme parks. Bring along a backpack filled with
snacks and juice boxes to keep them happy during the
7. If you are at Disney and want to try out one of the
stupendously good restaurants at Epcot, you can save a
substantial amount by eating lunch there instead of
8. Kids begging for souvenirs? Tell them beforehand what
their limit is and they'll do a much better job sticking to
it and picking out their purchases much more carefully.
9. Don't forget to use your AAA card for any discounts
that may be available for tickets or restaurants.
10. Cheap vacation spots on your
birthday? At Medieval Times you can get a free dinner
during the month of your birthday so be sure to let them
know. I personally recommend this dinner and show as it is
absolutely great AND the food is terrific. Don't miss