I don't know about you but I love theme parks and roller
coasters. I live in Florida but my favorite roller coasters
are located in Sandusky, Ohio, at Cedar Point. Here are a
travel ideas and tips for Cedar Point.
1. First, before you even go, call 1-800-BEST-FUN for
coupons and brochures. There are some really good discounts
in this package, so make sure you get this before your
2. Look online for travel guides for Ohio. These will
invariably contain discount coupons.
3. For ticket savings, be sure to show your AAA card.
Often there are deals where you can find savings on soda
cans so call and check on that so you can be prepared.
Local stores often sell discounted tickets, try Meijer.
4. Cheap travel tips and save
money on food? Leave the park to eat and return later.
There are lots of inexpensive restaurants located in
Sandusky such as Perkins and such family-type restaurants
where you can get great deals such as kids eat for free.
Look at the signage as you drive past and check for such
5. There are a couple of amusement areas in Sandusky
where you can pay a small fee and stay all day and ride
Go-Karts, play mini golf, etc. This is great for a change
6. If you don't want to stay all day, buy a Starlight
ticket in the evening and save money. There are generally
less crowds to worry about too so the lines for the roller
coasters will be shorter.
7. Check eBay for discounted tickets. Sometimes you can
get lucky and strike gold there with someone selling off
their unwanted tickets.
How to travel cheap at Cedar Point is not too difficult
with a little extra research before you head to Ohio. Be
sure and ride Millennium Force, my favorite roller coaster